Mr. Jefferson comes calling.
Mr. Jefferson sings a sweet song for Rebecca.
|The walkway to the Dickinson-Pillsbury house|
|The front of the old house. The section from the chimney to the right is the earliest side, built in 1701.The section to the left of the door, was built later, some time after 1708.|
|The Hall , which is what the principal room in an early house was called. In this room, EVERYTHING , took place. Early houses did not have rooms set off for different purposes. The rooms were used as they were needed.|
|The Hall Chamber ( otherwise known as the bedroom upstairs, above the Hall.) This room was also used for different purposes. A bedstead might have been set up here and also guests might have been entertained here too. This room is very big and at one time , which is common, it was partitioned off with sheathing boards to create different smaller rooms. The same thing also happened downstairs in the Hall. When Barbara purchased the house, some of the partition walls were still in place.|
|The summer beam, with a flat chamfer and lambs tongue stop! In a first period house, The frame of the house was visible and because of that it was decorated with chamfers on the principal beams which ran across the middle of the ceiling in a room. Beams without chamfers came later when raised panelling and crown moulding was the fashion. At that time the frame was no longer to be seen ( out of fashion) so beams and posts were boxed.|
|The front entry with the door to the Parlor in the later part of the house.|
|Eugenia surveying the Hall Chamber form high above !|
|Elena and Rupert looking out of the tiny window at the top of the stairs.|
|There are lot's of interesting things to see at this old house.|